T-shirt , Every man’s favorite style piece.
This is not the best route to take. Paying careful attention to the style of your t-shirt is just as important as any other part of your wardrobe.
There are some factors that play into this.
Pay attention to these 5 aspects – fit, color, fabric, style, and function.
Here’s how to look amazing in everyone’s favorite piece of clothing, the T-shirt.
1. Get The FIT Right
Women agree that men are more attractive in a fitted white T-shirt. The shape of your top accentuates the typically masculine silhouette of broad shoulders and narrow waist.
So, no matter how you’re built, a t-shirt can make you look more masculine.However, there is a caveat – it has to fit perfectly and highlight the best attributes of your body without looking like a skin-tight workout top.
Here are some rules for the perfect fitting t-shirt:
- Shoulders – The seams of the t-shirt should sit perfectly on the edge of your shoulders.
- Sleeves – Fitted around the arms and not extending to your elbow. If you have big arms, look for slightly shorter sleeves or give the sleeves a couple of folds to show off your guns.
- Length – Your top should be long enough for it to be tucked into your trousers, but not so long that it bunches at the waist. Ensure that it extends past your hip bone and covers the waistband of your pants. We’ll discuss tucking rules later in this article.
A well-fitting shirt is never restrictive and should allow for comfortable movement. Skin tight tops should only be worn for sport.
2. Choose The Right Color.
You should own at least a few of the basics – white, black, gray and navy.
- White – Complements all skin tones. The classic white t-shirt should be part of your wardrobe. Remember to always wash your white clothes together. Don’t mix with other colors.
- Gray – A mixture of different shades – gray virtually enhances your body shape. Watch out for sweat marks which are easily visible on dark colors.
- Black – Another versatile color option, black pairs well with most outfit combinations. However, the color tends to fade quickly and can be a little severe during the day.
- Other Colors – A t-shirt is probably the easiest way to experiment with colors. Greens, reds, purples, and blues are great for creating a pop of color under a cardigan or worn on their own. Make sure the color of the t-shirt doesn’t clash with your skin tone.
3. Select The Right Fabric
Quality is not related to the weight of the top. In fact, with t-shirts, the lighter materials tend to cost more. look thinner , feel lighter.
Cotton blends are also good options. A moderate amount of elastane (stretch fibers) helps to maintain the shape of your top, whereas cotton-polyester blends come in at a lower price point and offer easy maintenance because they crease less.
- Combed Cotton: A strong, soft and smooth fabric which has been brushed fine to straighten the fibers and remove short strands.
- Organic Cotton: More expensive than treated cotton, this soft material is derived from cotton grown with minimal pesticides and fertilizers and pesticides.
- Pima: This is the highest grade cotton with extra long fibers. Resists pilling, stretching, fading, and gets softer with each wear. Supima is the trademarked name for American-grown Pima cotton.
- Jersey: Typically made from cotton or a synthetic blend, this stretchy knit fabric is very flexible and comfortable.
4. How To Wear Your T-Shirt In Style?
Follow the example of classic style icons (James Dean, Marlon Brando) – pair a classic white t-shirt with jeans and a pair of boots. This is the most understated and effortless look for a man. Or, layer a shirt by wearing a jacket, cardigan or checked shirt, along with dark denim and stylish loafers or monk straps.
5. FUNCTION Of The T-Shirt
When is it appropriate to wear a t-shirt?
If you’re intending to make a great first impression, on a date or a party, a colored shirt is a better option.
Concerts, the local bar, beaches and casual parties with close friends are all acceptable occasions to dress for comfort in a t-shirt. Any activity that involves a lot of sweating, including sport requires a t-shirt.
Maintain your t-shirts with proper care while cleaning them. They won’t have the same impact if they look like their best days are well in the past
Stay tuned for more Blogs.